Friday 30 August 2013

California Dreamin' | Dreaming of the Sea Collection: Part 3

"This collection is called Dreaming of the Sea, is it not?
Why are you talking about California?"
 I hear you ask.

Or maybe you don't ask, because this is a blog, and you don't talk to blogs and you likely don't pay attention to my blogging and my weird post titles as much as I do. :p

Anyway, it's late, and I'm a little sleepy, so I'll try to keep this post short (well as short as I can, which is still substantially longer than most succinct people).

"Quick" backstory - a couple of years back, I had the joy and privilege of taking a roadtrip around the US West Coast and California is where we spent a large part of our time. One of the popular touristy locations that we visited was of course Venice Beach, the quintessential hangout for the beach bum or beach babe. We had a lovely time under the sun, eating icecream, watching the waves roll to shore, observing the eclectic bunch of people frolicking around the beach. Twas a lovely, warm, carefree and sun-soaked day.

So here is a fun, quirky, bright-coloured bracelet that aims to capture that feeling!
Pale yellow watercolour-print pearls (also seen here) reminiscent of a wam summer's day; ocean wave links and sea-green / aquamarine / aqua blue opal crystals reminiscent of the lovely sea and sky as far as the eye can see. At the centre - a seashell and a dainty sunhat charm reminiscent of a lovely day on the beach - nothing to do but collect seashells and soak in the sun, nary a care in the world.
 I love the cloudy, somewhat-opaque tone of the aqua blue opal chinese crystals. It's their first time making an appearance in my creations! :)
Item Code & Name: 065 California Dreamin'
Price: RM14.00 SALE: RM10 (30% off, while item remains Available)
Status: Available
Materials: Aquamarine, Sea-Green and Aqua Blue Opal Chinese Crystal Doughnuts, Pale Yellow Watercolour-Print Faux Pearls, Ocean Wave Links, Seashell Charm, Sun-Hat Charm, Dolphin Charm
Measurements: Approximately 17.5cm (including clasp) + 3cm extender chain

And I shall leave you with the iconic song after which this bracelet was named.


All the leaves are brown and the sky is grey
I've been for a walk on a winter's day
I'd be safe and warm if I was in LA 
California dreamin' on such a winter's day

No comments:

Post a Comment