Sunday 25 August 2013

Seachelles | Dreaming of the Sea Collection: Part 1

Hello all! Hope you've had a wonderful Sunday.

The first part of this current Dreaming of the Sea Collection is something I'm quite excited about.

Firstly, it marks my first attempt at making a long necklace. I've always been a short-chain-and-pendant sort of girl, but thought it was time to make something a little different. Secondly, this is one of those creations that I love so much I want to keep for myself. Haha, so if no one purchases, I will make it mine MOOHAHAHA! Thirdly, this creation contains pretty shiny shell beads! I was really really tempted to name this creation "She Sells Seashells on the Seashore". Heehee. Wouldn't that be lovely? Doesn't it have a nice ring to it? I decided against it in the end, and have called it Seachelles instead, which is basically a quirky pretentious spelling for sea shells. I don't mean the island Seychelles, which I mainly remember as the island all political prisoners were exiled to in history. Let it be known that I have not forgotten my high school Sejarah. My teachers would be proud.

  Alright then. I'll spare you from further rambling and move on to pictures.

  A classy long necklace and earring set with treasures from the sea - lovely seashell beads from the seashore, shiny white and ivory pearls (in this case they are faux pearls as I'm trying to be environmentally-friendly), and cute little dolphin links.

Item Code & Name: SET010 Seachelles
Price: RM31.00 (necklace + earrings) - items can be sold separately, please look below.
Status: [Sold], Available for remakes
Materials: Please see below.
 Close up - I adore the little dolphin links. At first glance they may look like ikan biliis (I just succeeded in making this whimsical necklace sound silly, didn't I? Ikan bilis, honestly self, are you trying to jeopardise your own business?!), but they're really quite cute. Also love the little flower links. You can think of them as sea flowers. Coral flowers,  if you will.
Here's a headless picture of me in a plain black top to give you an idea of where the necklace falls. It's a lovely accompaniment to spruce up your plain tops and dresses, especially boat-necked ones.

Item Code & Name: 062 Seachelles (Necklace)
Price: RM28.00 (necklace only)
Status: [Sold], Available for remakes
Materials: Round Shell Beads, Teardrop-Shaped Glass Beads, Shiny White and Ivory Faux Pearls, Dolphin Links, Flower Links
Measurements: Approximately 87cm (including clasp) + 4cm extender chain

 Matching earrings - tiny ivory pearls, slightly larger shiny white pearls, and lovely shell beads.
Item Code & Name: 063 Seachelles (Earrings)
Price: RM8.00 (earrings only)
Status: [Sold], Available for remakes
Materials: Ivory and Shiny White Faux Pearls, Round Shell Beads

I think I've done a rather terrible job at photoshopping white backgrounds for these white accessories (it's the hardest thing to do!), so here's the set against some silver paper, to give you a better idea of how it looks.
 
I really do quite love the somewhat translucent and shimmery quality of the shell beads. Very pretty.

If you'd like to give this set a home, do email me at daintylittletrinkets@gmail.com!

Now repeat after me 10 times!
She sells seashells on the seashore
She sells seashells on the seashore
She sells seashells on the seashore
She sells seashells on the seashore
She sells seashells on the seashore
She sells seashells on the seashore
She sells seashells on the seashore
She sells seashells on the seashore
She sells seashells on the seashore
She sells seashells on the seashore

Have a wonderful week ahead, dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment